Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Precious Other Daughter

Just when you think your kids and their friends never pay attention to you, you get something like this in your inbox.... It was simply titled "A Little Surprise" from our oldest daughter's best friend and phi mu sister...

Mrs. Harriette Glover

Proverbs 17:17 tells us, “A friend loves at all times”. I am lucky enough to have been blessed with a wonderful best friend that loves me unmistakably. For her I am very thankful, however, where would she learn this virtue and charisma from, other than her mother? My best friend’s mother, Mrs. Harriette Glover, holds a dear spot in my heart. She was born the youngest of three girls into a house based off Christian values and headed by her pastor father. In coordination to be the youngest, she was also the most rebellious child. Even if she was a small thorn in her parent’s foot growing up, their persistence, patience, and prayer made her into the excellent woman she is today. After graduating high school, Mrs. Harriette attained a nursing degree and now works as an RN in the NICU Unit at Huntsville Hospital. Her job comes home with her daily and she has a love for each one of her tiny patients. She is selfless in all aspects of her life and will go out of her way to help anyone in need. Her creative nature and artistic ability is something that I appreciate and I believe it makes her elaborate personality even more vivid. She always has an optimistic outlook on everything. When I visit her home, she never fails to greet me with an excited smile to make me feel as if I were stepping into my own house. She has the best sense of humor and is always striving to make people laugh. I could go on and on about her virtues and character. She is someone that I truly look up to and appreciate for all that she does. I believe that she loves me like she does her own children, and I am proud to be able to call her my second mother.

(I had to do an "Encomium" Speech, an Encomium is a person outside of your immediate family who has had a particularly valuable influence on your life! I picked you! LOVE YOU! (:
-- Chelsey Harbin)

I thank God every day for family and friends and could not be blessed more to have this precious girl in my life...

No comments: