Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Birthday Party

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
Nothing brightens the soul like the birth of a child... and nothing can be more devistating than losing a child. Through my job, I am blessed to have many families walk into my life, sometimes we share only happy moments, sometimes the unthinkable.... but I'm thankful for each and every moment God gives us. When the unthinkable happens, it's difficult to imagine better times on the horizon, but they will come... in time. Just 2 short years ago, a precious family lost twin boys, but just this past week, we joined them in celebrating their "little" brother's first birthday! I am so blessed to have this family in my life, and honored to have been able to help take care of their 3 sons........ and share in their very special happy birthday celebration!

I think he's a little scared of that Auburn cup! (Go Vols)
He's not completely sure about this cake made from pudding!
He finally figured out what he was supposed to do.... WEAR IT!
and after a brief clean up session.....
this precious baby was still sporting some stains from the icing! Oh, well, it'll wear off!
All in all, this was a great day.... and a reminder of exactly how wonderful God has been to me, my family, and my friends.

1 comment:

becky said...

how cute!! i'm glad God brought that family another little man to love!!