Monday, August 4, 2008

School starts tomorrow!

Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

I can't believe it's that time, again.... this summer's just flown by! I've been trying to be brave, but my baby is going to the HS campus to start middle school; and my first baby is starting her journey through her senior year. Today we had senior drape pictures at the "required" studio in Huntsville. -- I almost cried, but I think the girls would have just up and left out of embarassment had I done that -- Of course, my precious young lady was as beautiful as ever and her little sister was so happy to be able to help with some of the props in one of her shots! However... our photo shoot today does not remotely compare with our wonderful experience with Mrs. Kelley, of Photopaintings by Kelley. All of this has happened so fast, it was only yesterday when they were starting kindergarden! They still act like they are in kindergarden at times.... but I wouldn't have it any other way!




All in all, God has blessed us with two great, relatively normal, kids (and a neat young fellow that's courting my oldest)... But many other families can't share in this peaceful feeling..... My prayer is for those families and those kids... to find peace and healing through the actions of the young people around them..... for those kids to see Christ in the actions of their peers.... for hearts to be softened and open to the only true source of peace..... and for all of this to be accomplished from the actions of a few.


We think because we live in Smalltown, America, "it" will never happen to us.... but "it" actually almost hit home. Thankfully, because of the actions of a few, we've dodged a potential grave situation. Just this past weekend, because of the actions of a few, whoever they may be, our small town was saved from a potential brutal attack on students and faculty planned for the first day of school. The actions of a few can make a difference.... not only in just one life, but in the entire world around them.....

Makes me long for the good 'ol days, when life was simpler and there was not a second thought about being safe at school. When hanging out at the "Quick and Tasty" (aka "Slow and Nasty") was more fun that thinking up ways to harm your peers. These times are just plain scary, but hope remains. That hope is supplied by the actions of a few.... and the prayers of many.

1 comment:

becky said...

i was sick to my stomach when i saw the news last night. i thought of you and your girls immediately! i am so glad God took control of the situation. I will be praying for mama and her "little" cubs as they start school.